Today, more than ever, in the midst of uncertainty and profound changes in the markets, in the future of work, immersed in the impact of robotization processes, it is necessary to strategically redesign ourselves.
The automation of decisions is surpassing the level of mechanical actions and AI (artificial intelligence) is also beginning to invade spaces previously reserved for cognitive actions.
From this, in our different roles as actors in this reality, we face challenges in two major areas among others.
As businessmen, entrepreneurs, leaders in institutions we have challenges anchored in questions about what to do with:
– Our clientele? In our offer? In the jobs and work systems? In the economic-financial equation of the business?
– Our skills and leadership to sustain effective management in new contexts?
– What will we keep, what will we start, what will we give up? How?
– How do we clarify the purpose, actions and stories that communicate it by building stakeholder ecosystems that sustain the new proposals?
As participants in the labor market we live in uncertainty regarding:
– How to update ourselves in terms of employability in contexts of permanent change, integrating global proposals?
– What skills will keep us in the race by sustaining our personal development in periods of recurrent adjustment?
The quality of our participation in the game will depend on the answers we give to these questions.
In either of the two areas mentioned above, there is a harsh reality: the market is smaller, there is competition and there is not enough supply for everyone.
It is a «zero-sum game with decreasing prizes», with no room for «you can» type magic solutions.
There is a world of possibilities that is not automatically available to everyone and requires personal and team initiative: active, constant and sustainable, in two areas of action:
1. Construction of Social Capital: Linking Strategy and Technological Management of relationships.
2. Development of specific talents and communication skills (Storytelling) for the construction of sustainable value relationships.
With the development of connectivity and available tools, updating, informing and training in collaborative environments is central to successful performance. In this new turbulent reality we are all «new generations».
We have become accustomed to developing budgets, financial plans, strategic plans and a plan for almost everything, and a present has come that highlights, in the foreground, the need for a «people’s plan».